Are there grant monies to purchase a handicapped van for my son? - handicapped vans in pa
Hello, my son has spastic cerebral palsy Quadlapledic and are in desperate need of a van with a disability. I have a lot of research and the Dodge Sprinter is the adaptation to our needs now and later. My son is four years and is attached to a wheelchair and other equipment used for physical therapy. I do not know much more than a lot of money and expect for this area, we live in North Carolina. Thank you.
6 comments:
Many states have an agency which provides services / money for families of children with certain types of disabilities. CP is a developmental disorder, disability, and qualify for services in May in North Carolina who pay them, or at least partially allowed.
http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/mhddsas/lmed ...
This is a link to a page, are the offices that can help.
Good luck!
1. If you do not already apply for Medicaid and SSI.
2. If a Medicaid program for a class program called Medicaid waiver. The funds are available to meet their needs for home and community.
3. Another program AbleNet know his e-mail address, but Equiptment specializes in mobility and help you get the financing.
With a problem like that of their children, I am sure that I get Social Security, then his medical needs could be met.
Contact Institute of Vocational Rehabilitation and local organizations in the PC / chapters (each of them will be in your phone book. There are several programs that include grants provided h, and financial assistance. These are people who can help you learn more, contact the right people, navigating the bureaucracy, etc.
BTW disabled - people in general, see "use" of a wheelchair, not "forced a". I'm not "PC" terms, but what is good - it expresses a vision that is whellchair a tool, not a prison - an attitude which is important because there is a sense of competence, not helplessness. For small children, subtle cues, as this make a big difference.
Good luck! :)
Try contacting your local Community Action Agency. If money for the grant of what you need to know. If they can help you, try contacting the Cerebral Palsy Foundation, and if you're still not anywhere via e-mail and I'll see what I can find. This may depend on where you live.
Try contacting your local Community Action Agency. If money for the grant of what you need to know. If they can help you, try contacting the Cerebral Palsy Foundation, and if you're still not anywhere via e-mail and I'll see what I can find. This may depend on where you live.
Post a Comment